Re: Connection string - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Connection string
Date
Re: Connection string  ("Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 01:58:54AM -0400, Harpreet Dhaliwal wrote:
> -402 sqlcode means "connection attempt to the database did not succeed"
>
> does this mean that my application is connecting to the database server but
> somehow failing in connecting to the database dbxyz due to some
> authentication problems???

What do the server's logs say?  Can you connect to the database
from the same machine using psql?  If you add the following line
to your program before the connect, what output do you get?

ECPGdebug(1, stderr);

--
Michael Fuhr