Re: standard interfaces for replication providers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From José Orlando Pereira
Subject Re: standard interfaces for replication providers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 09 August 2006 20:57, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> > Why reinvent the wheel for everything if there was an interface that
> > offered some of the needed functionality? Maybe PostgreSQL-R is simply
> > too deep in the database for any of this to be useful, but I'm 99%
> > certain that Slony could make use of some of this stuff, such as a hook
> > on tuples being written out.
>
> Slonys problems ar *not* in getting access to tuples written out. Why
> fix something that aint broken ?

The current implementation of GAPI on PostgreSQL uses the same approach as
Slony-I to extract the write-set. The difference is that it can push them out
immediatly on commit, as required for eager update.

--
Jose Orlando Pereira