BUG #2569: statement_timeout bug on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From James
Subject BUG #2569: statement_timeout bug on Windows
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2569
Logged by:          James
Email address:      im-james@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system:   Windows 200 Pro SP4
Details:

I'm using the latest version of postgresql (8.1.4) for Windows and I have a
problem with 'statement_timeout'.

Normally statement_timeout should "Abort any statement that takes over the
specified number of milliseconds". However on my pc, instead of milliseconds
it is tenth of seconds. For example: statement_timeout=30 actually means
'wait 3 seconds and abort' instead of wait 30 milliseconds.

I've tested this on the same version of postgresql on Linux and it works
correctly, as stated on the docs.

What do I do to find get this strange result? I do this.

set statement_timeout=30
show statement_timeout
VACUUM ANALYSE

The last statement is aborted after 3 seconds.

set statement_timeout=6
show statement_timeout
VACUUM ANALYSE

The last statement is aborted after 600 milliseconds.

Is this a bug (as I think) or could it be a misconfiguration of my OS, or of
postgresql?