Re: DROP TABLESPACE fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: DROP TABLESPACE fails
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:25:23AM -0500, Steve Peterson wrote:
> Note that if needed I can whack the database and start over very
> easily, if that's the most expedient way out of this.

That might be the easiest thing to do, but it might also be worth
investigating what happened.  It's possible that you've encountered
a case where files should have been removed but weren't, in which
case the developers might be interested in finding out why.

> >SELECT datname FROM pg_database WHERE oid = 16388;
>
> database 'postgres'

And that's the database you were connected to when making the
following query?  Just making sure.

> The query returns no rows with an IN clause of

> WHERE c.relfilenode IN (17383, 17385, 17387, 17388);
>
> Note that during one of the copies the system became quiescent and I
> ended up stopping what I thought was the server process that had hung:
[...]
> 2006-08-07 16:47:56 LOG:  server process (PID 5140) was terminated by signal 1

Maybe one of the developers can comment on whether this might have
caused a problem.

--
Michael Fuhr