Re: Autovacuum help.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sundar Narayanaswamy
Subject Re: Autovacuum help..
Date
List pgsql-general
I haven't had issues about the max_fsm_pages. The problem I had was caused
because I was not committing (or rolling back) after JDBC select calls.
I didn't think that was necessary because the select calls didnt modify
database. But, once I modified my selects to rollback after the
data is read from the result set, autovacuum worked fine.

I was hoping that with autovacumming working well, I don't need the cron
tasks etc to do the vacuum full periodically.. But I read a few days
back that reindexdb is recommended if there is a lot of inserts/deletes.
I have to experiment with that yet.

I'll check what I have set for max_fsm_pages tomorrow.