Re: Maia Mailgard down? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Maia Mailgard down?
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc,

> Please note ... at *no time* did we ever reject spam for any mailbox,
> except those for the mailing lists themselves, which majordomo is setup to
> do ... so if you are seeing more now then before, its because we are being
> hit with more now that are passing through spamassassin ...

Aha, ok, I see what happened.  Some change you made disabled the spam filters
I had set up oh Horde.  I need to re-enable them.

I need to find some way to set up a "default" spam configuration with all
regional contacts to make their accounts usable, which I guess would require
both settings in Maia and Horde.    Suggestions?

> Not sure what you are finding awkward about the interface, but if you go
> in and just turn on all the various checks, but *disable* the
> quarantining, so that it just label's and passing everything over to you
> to filter, you will have exactly the same thing in place that was there
> before we added the interface for per-user settings ...

Got it.  The interface isn't quite intuitive and the help file is unhelpful.
What I found awkward ... downright unusable, in fact ... is the quarantine
interface.   Bad, bad webform.  The fields are too small to display useful
data, it's not UTF-8, and there's no "check all".   Of course, if you've been
using it, you know this.

What's Maia written in?

Question: does putting stuff in a "spam" folder via IMAP still work?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun