Re: pg_xlog not cleaned up - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_xlog not cleaned up
Date
List pgsql-general
Christian Kastner wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > What PostgreSQL version are you using?  I know the *.backup file removal
> > was added in 8.1:
> >
> >          * Remove old "*.backup" files when we do pg_stop_backup() (Bruce)
> >        This prevents a large number of "*.backup" files from existing in
> >     "/pg_xlog".
> >
> > but the existance of the files should not cause problems.
>
> It's 8.1.4, running on FC 5.
>
> It does not cause any active problems, but the WAL archiving fails until
> the *.backup and *.done files are removed manually, after which all the
> "ready" WAL segments are archived away normally.
>
> The script I supply to archive_command just mounts a windows share,
> performs a cp (similar to the example in the PITR doc) and unmounts the
> share again.

Try removing the mount/unmount --- just keep the share mounted all the
time and see if it works.  I think the archive system believes it can do
concurrent archive commands as long as different file names are used.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us