Re: Let psql process files with > 4,294,967,295 lines - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Let psql process files with > 4,294,967,295 lines
Date
Re: Let psql process files with > 4,294,967,295 lines  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Let psql process files with > 4,294,967,295 lines  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 05:40:16PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > David Fetter wrote:
> >> This patch changes the data type from unsigned int to unsigned
> >> long long, which is probably not the correct thing in order to
> >> get 64-bit arithmetic, but I figure it's good enough to get a
> >> discussion started.
>
> > The only thing I can tell you is that you should use INT64_FORMAT
> > instead of %lld.
>
> And the datatype should be declared int64, not "long long" which
> doesn't exist everywhere.
>
> Actually you probably want uint64 and UINT64_FORMAT...
>
>             regards, tom lane

I think this fixes it, but I'm unsure how to test it.  Two of the
methods mentioned in IRC, attaching with gdb and setting to a value >
2^32, and setting it directly in some code, seem like OK approaches.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!

Attachment