Re: SPI_getvalue gives a core dump - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From
Subject Re: SPI_getvalue gives a core dump
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
This is what i set my tupdesc to. =>  tupdesc = trigdata->tg_relation->rd_att;
i am using the code like this. the do_log function to log the flow. it gives all correct until it reaches
the line :-
disposition=SPI_getvalue(trigdata->tg_trigtuple, tupdesc, 13);               do_log("Got disposition");         ======>
itstops logging from here.

               do_log("Entered the main trigger logic");  =========> success               if
(TRIGGER_FIRED_BEFORE(trigdata->tg_event))when = "before";               else when = "after ";

               tupdesc = trigdata->tg_relation->rd_att;               if ((ret = SPI_connect()) < 0)
  do_log("SPI_connect failed");               else {                       sprintf(logs,"SPI_connect success, fired
%s",when); ======> success                       do_log(logs);               }               ret = SPI_exec("SELECT
count(*)FROM ast_cdr", 0);

               if (ret < 0){                       sprintf(logs, "trigf (fired %s): SPI_exec returned %d", when, ret);
                    do_log(logs);               }

               /* count(*) returns int8, so be careful to convert */               i =
DatumGetInt64(SPI_getbinval(SPI_tuptable->vals[0],tupdesc, 1, &isnull));               sprintf(logs, "trigf (fired %s):
thereare %d rows in ast_cdr", when, i); ====> success               do_log(logs);

                              disposition=SPI_getvalue(trigdata->tg_trigtuple, tupdesc, 13);  =====> failed.
  do_log("Got disposition");                          ===============> doesnot reach here.

With warm regards.

Vivek J. Joshi.

vivek@staff.ownmail.com
Trikon electronics Pvt. Ltd.

All science is either physics or stamp collecting.               -- Ernest Rutherford

Tom Lane wrote:
> ><vivek@staff.ownmail.com> writes:
>> I dont know where am i going wrong. Here is the source.
>
>> TriggerData *trigdata = (TriggerData *) fcinfo->context;
>> TupleDesc   tupdesc;
>> if (CALLED_AS_TRIGGER(fcinfo)) {  ==================== it comes here and
enters inside.
>>     userfield=SPI_getvalue(trigdata->tg_trigtuple,tupdesc,17);
================== it fails here because i tried to get logs before this
statement and it succeeded.