default lower case of identifier - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jkzhao
Subject default lower case of identifier
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear hackers,

    I am migrating an application program from Oracle to PostgreSQL, but one problem blocks me.

    According to SQL92 standard, in Oracle, identifiers that are not double quoted are changed to upper case.

    But, in PostgreSQL, identifiers that are not double quoted are changed to lower case.

    So, create user "HU", then connect Oracle by  HU  is right;

    But, create user "HU" then connect PostgreSQL by HU is wrong.

    My application program is very long and has many such errors.

    I'd like to know whether I can make PostgreSQL stands to the SQL92 standard by changing some PostgreSQL's code?

    Thanks & Best Regards.

JK. zhao
2006-07-26