Re: Plperl return_next and bytea binary data? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Plperl return_next and bytea binary data?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 11:43:39AM +0200, Philippe Lang wrote:
> The problem seems to come from the return_next, in conjunction with binary data:
>
> ------------------------------------
>     return_next
>     (
>         {
>             val => $_[0] * $_[1],
>             image => $im->gif()
>         }
>     );

I don't know exact how pl/perl works, but given that it has no idea
what type the data is, chances are it's passing it through
cstring-to-text conversion. You probably want to force it to return
bytea or some such (without going through cstring-to-bytea conversion
hopefully). I don't see a way to do it in the documentation
though...

> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment