Re: Help with privilages please - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Help with privilages please
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Hilary Forbes wrote:

> Dear All
>
> We are running pg v 7.4.1 and importantly the database has been
> converted from earlier versions of pg (6.5 I seem to recall).
>
> I have an existing table suppliers and I have created a new user 'hilary'
>
> REVOKE ALL on TABLE suppliers FROM hilary;
>
> now login as hilary
> SELECT * from suppliers;
> and I get all the records!!!

This probably means that "public" also has rights on suppliers (and thus,
the user still has access through the public permissions). You can
probably get around this by revoking the public rights and granting rights
explicitly to the users that should have rights.