Re: automatic system info tool? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: automatic system info tool?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 06:49:26PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> We also classify buildfarm machines by <os, os_version, compiler,
> compiler_version> and config.guess doesn't give us that, unfortunately.

It would seem to be a lot easier to use the values from perl itself,
given you're already using it:

# perl -MConfig -e 'print "os=$Config{osname}, osvers=$Config{osvers}, archname=$Config{archname}\n"'
os=linux, osvers=2.6.15.4, archname=i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi

If you look at perl -V it give you a subset of useful values, probably
a lot nicer than munging config.guess. It'll even tell you the size of
of the C datatypes if you're interested :)

Have a nice day,