Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Taking a step back here, I see two points in favor of including PL/Java or
something like it into the main CVS:

1. Build farm support

It seems that eventually one would like to have build farm support for many
things.  I can see build farm support being useful for the ODBC driver or
Postgis, for instance.  We need a better, more general solution for that.

2. Help with PL API changes

On the one hand, that seems great, but on the other hand, I see a lot of
people disqualifying themselves from touching PL/Java code in any significant
way because they don't know Java well enough.  So I don't see this working in
practice.  Or at least, it's quite doubtful that the convenience gained in
this area will outweigh any inconveniences coming from this move.

--
Peter Eisentraut