Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:15:04 -0500 (EST)
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:
> The fact that the JDBC driver requires no compilation for anyone on any
> platform is one reason for that.  Anyone can visit the website and be
> working within minutes with no understanding of the build environment or
> installation.  You drop the provided JAR file in your classpath and you
> are done. The same cannot be said for pl/java.  Yes, it would be good if
> there were packages for it, but it's very unlikely that pl/java will be
> able to maintain up to date binary packages for every platform.

Wouldn't that be the job of the platform providers?  Certainly I would
expect NetBSD to make it available as a package, both source and
binary, on every platform they support as they do for the thousands of
other packages they deal with.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves