Re: getting function argument names from psql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: getting function argument names from psql?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 09:22:56AM -0400, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On 7/13/06, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> >On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:37:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> >Back when, I submitted a psql patch to get the input names along
> >with their types.  Shall I dig up that code this weekend?
>
> that would be great, although is there any concern about backwards
> compatibility of regprocedure cast?

I'm not really concerned with any backwards compatibility for this new
feature, as psql has never attempted it for backslash commands.

> would it be safer to make a new cast?  also, does your patch account
> for in/out?

If it didn't, it will. :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!