BUG #2524: Error while using pg_restore command - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sudarshan
Subject BUG #2524: Error while using pg_restore command
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2524
Logged by:          Sudarshan
Email address:      sudharshan.prabhu@valtech.co.in
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system:   Windoes-XP
Details:

When i run the pg_restore command

"pg_restore -d db1 -v -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres db2.backup"

I get the following error

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] connection to database "db1" failed: FATAL:
password authentication failed for user "postgres"

I checked and rechecked the password and it seems correct. I also saw so
many threads on "pg_restore" but could not find suitable answer for this.

Ealiest help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Sudarshan