Re: MS-SQL<->Postgres sync - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: MS-SQL<->Postgres sync
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 11:27:52AM -0400, Kevin Bednar wrote:
> Looking to keep 2 databases in sync, at least semi-realtime if possible,
> although running a batch update every x mins wouldn't be out of the
> question. One db is postgres and the other is ms-sql. It's to keep inventory
> in sync from 2 seperate locations, one being a brick and mortar store and
> the other an ecommerce system for a web site. Any and all help is
> appreciated since I can't find much of anything on syncing these 2 database
> systems!

I don't think there's actually any product that does this right now,
unless you're willing to use some sort of statement replica system
(which means you have to deal with failures in one database and not
another).  Is the idea that this is multi-master?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.    --Philip Greenspun