Re: Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 10 July 2006 11:43, Gavin Sherry wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > For the code sprint, I'm starting off by removing the projects from
> > > contrib which need to be removed by still have some usefulness.  I'm
> > > not exactly sure what to do with adddepends, though.   It seems unlike
> > > to lead an independent existence on pgFoundry; I'm inclined to just
> > > nuke it.
> >
> > I vote for the nuclear option.  ;-)
>
> There are still 7.2 systems out there which need it.

My understanding is that 7.2 is EOL... if people have 7.2 and need it they can
pull the sources from anythin <= 8.2 yes?

So I vote nuke!

Joshua D. Drake

> The problem is,
> adddepend is broken when run against 8.1. It breaks on serial, I think.
>
> Gavin

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

--   === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240  Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/