Re: pgsql-patches considered harmful - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: pgsql-patches considered harmful
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 01:04:09AM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> I, for one, would be interested in something like that ... somehow, this
> 'stripping' would have to be done within Majordomo2 itself, or ...
>
> Leave pgsql-patches@ as an alias that is "the stripper", with the end
> result forwarded over to the pgsql-hackers@ list?

I have in the past had a script that took email, pushed the attachments
to disk and forwarded the email on. It's not spectacularly intelligent
though, but I was thinking it could be used as a sort of patch queue.

However, I think the other suggestions of having the listbot mangle the
reply-tos of -patches and -committers to be -hackers would probably be
good too. I myself subscribe to -committers in digest form (where I
look at the summary to see if it's interesting) and read -patches
occasionally via the archives to see if anything is there...

Have a nice day,