Re: query very slow when enable_seqscan=on - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From tomas@tuxteam.de
Subject Re: query very slow when enable_seqscan=on
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 04:44:08PM +0200, Tomasz Ostrowski wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jul 2006, Tom Lane wrote:
>=20
> > I think the real problem here is that regex matching is the wrong
> > tool for the job.  Have you looked into a full-text index
> > (tsearch2)?
>=20
> So much to do with so little time...

For what it's worth, I've got pretty good results (at least taking the
little amount of work I put into it) with trigram indexes, courtesy of
$PGCONTRIB/pg_trgm.sql, just another amazing little piece by Bartunov
and Sigaev.

Let me know if you'd like to hear more.

Regards
-- tom=E1s