BUG #2509: ODBC TIMESTAMP UPDATE FAILED - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From ONG JIIN ME
Subject BUG #2509: ODBC TIMESTAMP UPDATE FAILED
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2509
Logged by:          ONG JIIN ME
Email address:      JM@MicroTech2u.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system:   WIN XP PRO SP 2
Details:

Using adodb recordset.update to update a timestamp field failed.

TESTING STEP :
1. Using Postgresql Unicode ODBC Driver
2. Using VB6 coding as below to test
rec.open "SELECT last_modified FROM X WHERE id=1",con,3,2
rec(0) = Now
rec.update
3. Prompt "update failed... cannot find update row"

The fact is, I found that I can successfully update as specified in step 2
if I set the last_modified into null before update. However, the value of
last_modified has no "TIME", only "DATE" stored.

The second fact is, ADDNEW has no problem, only UPDATE existing record has
the problem stated.

Thank you for advance.