Re: Fwd: Start up question about triggers - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Fwd: Start up question about triggers
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:38:06AM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> I bet it would be possible to hack pgpool to do this.  Just have it
> shoot all the queries that come in to it at the normal database, AND at
> a text file or something like that.

Now you're back to the same problem: it doesn't tell you what the
database looks like.  It tells you what commands were sent.  What
about triggers?  Rules?  For that matter, what about

SELECT now()

or

SELECT nextval()

?

--
Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary