Re: Fwd: Start up question about triggers - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Fwd: Start up question about triggers
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 06:48:49PM +0300, Forums @ Existanze wrote:

> Then there exist a TG_QUERY parameter that we could use to get the actual
> query ran by a user, so if I ran the imaginary query

Which "actual query"?  By the time the trigger fires, the query might
already have been rewritten, I think.  No?  I _think_ that even
BEFORE triggers happen after the rewriter stage is called, but
someone who has more clue will be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.    --Jane Jacobs