Re: Copy Data Question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From baa@brucealderman.info
Subject Re: Copy Data Question
Date
List pgsql-novice
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT:
blue 2px solid" name="wmMessageComp">
> 3. select into destinationtable from temptable where>
temptable.primarykey not exists> ( select
destinationtable.primarykey>    from destination
table> );  Richard, thanks.  in my case, the
primary key isn'trelevant, however, the product_number is (it
isunique).  iiuc, in my case i should use
product_numberinstead of primarykey.it makes sense - thanks
for the enlightenment.
(slightly off topic) You might consider changing
your table structure so product_number is your primary key, if it always
unique. That way you don't need an additional primary key field. Just a
suggestion.