Re: Start up question about triggers - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Forums @ Existanze
Subject Re: Start up question about triggers
Date
List pgsql-sql
Sorry This is the complete message

Hello all,

I know that this question may be really simple, but I have decided to ask here due to fact that I don't know how to search for this on google or on the docs.

I created a trigger fuction which updates a specific row in some table A. Is it possible to retain the query that was used to trigger the function. For example

Table A
query_row_id
query_row

TABLE B
id
name

If I create a trigger on table B that says that after the insert command to write the query into  table A. So if I do

insert into B values(1,"Blah")

this will trigger my trigger. Is there any way to get the "insert into B values(1,"Blah")? At the moment I can see only the type of query that it is (INSERT UPDATE DELETE)

best regards,
Fotis