Re: Repetitive code - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: Repetitive code
Date
List pgsql-sql
> AFAIK PostgreSQL does not support materialized views but it's
> interesting that you mention that because in essence the query is used
> to materialize a view, i.e., it's part of an INSERT / SELECT into a
> table which is then joined back to the other tables to construct a web
> page as well as an RSS feed.

This thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2006-06/msg00324.php

mentions the use of materialized views in postgresql. See:
http://jonathangardner.net/PostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html

However, I am not sure if this link shows how postgresql supports materialized views or if it just
shows how to simulate a materialized view with procedural code.

Either way, I thought it might be of interest to you.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.