Re: Is it possible to start two instances of postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From A. Kretschmer
Subject Re: Is it possible to start two instances of postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-performance
am  15.06.2006, um 14:34:51 +0800 mailte kah_hang_ang@toray.com.my folgendes:

> so what is the best way to implement two databases in one machine?
> implement with two postgresql instances with separate directory or
> implement under one instance?

What do you want to do?
Do you need 2 separate pg-versions? Or do you need, for instance, a
live-db and a test-db?

> if I implement two database in one instance, if one of the database crash
> will it affect the other?

Yes, but on the other side, if you have 2 instances on the same machine
and this machine chrash, then you lost all.
What do you want to do? Perhaps, you need slony? (replication solution)

Btw.: please, no silly fullquote.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47215,      D1: 0160/7141639