Re: Refactor Query... SOLVED - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From
Subject Re: Refactor Query... SOLVED
Date
List pgsql-sql
--- operationsengineer1@yahoo.com wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i'm trying to refactor this query:
>
> http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/RnkFWZ46.html
>
> i've added notes to make its function a bit more
> clear.  i have trie dto refactor it to get rid of
> the
> "distinct on" function, but i've had no luck.
>
> due to all the WHERE clauses, i can't figure out how
> to do an inner join with something like this:
>
> select
> max(t_inspect_result.inspect_result_timestamp)
>   as mstamp,
>   t_inspect_result.inspect_id
> from t_inspect_result
> group by t_inspect_result.inspect_id
> ) AS b
>
> thanks in advance...

these queries (i have them all over my app!) are
getting complex and i'm being challenged to keep
everything in order.

this is the final result:

http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/pnvLSs30.html

here's a special thanks to all who have helped on this
and other recent query problems.

thank you!

i *rally* appreciate the chared insight and guidance.