Re: How to avoid transaction ID wrap - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: How to avoid transaction ID wrap
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
> > That's why people suggest partitions. Then you only vacuum the
> > partitions that are new and the old ones never need to be touched...
>
> This will all work a lot better once we track XID wraparound risk on a
> per-table rather than per-database basis.  I hope that will be done in
> time for 8.2.

FWIW I posted the patch for non-transactional pg_class stuff in -patches
awhile back, so it's pending review ;-)  I'll repost it (today I expect,
or tomorrow at the latest) with some minor corrections, along with the
corresponding relminxid patch.  I indend to commit both during next week
(or this week, for those whose weeks start on sundays), barring
objections.