Re: Cafepress, or? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From elein
Subject Re: Cafepress, or?
Date
Re: Cafepress, or?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 05:57:00PM -0500, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 10:23:48PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Now that we have an official place to collect money, and some t-shirt designs,
> > I wanted to set up something like a CafePress site for PG paraphenalia.
> >
> > However, I've heard some grumbles about CafePress quality.  Are there real
> > complaints?  If so, are there alternatives?
>
> I've had issues with cafepress quality. The shirts tend to fade pretty
> quickly.
>
> I've got http://lnk.nu/spreadshirt.com/9ul.php and it's held up well.
> One issue is there's some glitch where the front graphic shows up wrong
> in the detail section (the inside is actually white, not red). Also, the
> process used is more like an iron-on, whereas cafepress uses some kind
> of screen printing process. The upside is a lot more color options; the
> downside is the shirt doesn't breath through the graphic.

Iron-ons also are tacky and get cracked and wrinkled in the wash.  Screen
printing is better.  I have no opinions on cafepress, etc.--just on the
iron-ons.  Ugh!

--elein
elein@varlena.com