Re: Cafepress, or? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Cafepress, or?
Date
Re: Cafepress, or?
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 10:23:48PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Now that we have an official place to collect money, and some t-shirt designs,
> I wanted to set up something like a CafePress site for PG paraphenalia.
>
> However, I've heard some grumbles about CafePress quality.  Are there real
> complaints?  If so, are there alternatives?

I've had issues with cafepress quality. The shirts tend to fade pretty
quickly.

I've got http://lnk.nu/spreadshirt.com/9ul.php and it's held up well.
One issue is there's some glitch where the front graphic shows up wrong
in the detail section (the inside is actually white, not red). Also, the
process used is more like an iron-on, whereas cafepress uses some kind
of screen printing process. The upside is a lot more color options; the
downside is the shirt doesn't breath through the graphic.

There's also http://hackerthreads.com; I'm not sure, but I think that
they might use a regular screen printing process, which would probably
be ideal (at least for shirts).