Re: How To Exclude True Values - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From
Subject Re: How To Exclude True Values
Date
List pgsql-sql
> > Richard,
> >
> > i got the expected rewsults!  now i just have to
> study
> > the query to figure out what it does.  -lol-
> >
> > i tried using AS, but i only did it in one place -
> > doh!  the error message just moved to the next
> place i
> > didn't do it.  i'll know better next time.
> >
> > thanks for the help.
>
> I am surprised that the query did not work the first
> time without the optional AS keyword.  I
> would be interested in knowing why your server
> requires the AS and mine doesn't.

my dev box is winxp home with pgsql 8.1.3 (i think it
is .3, anyway).  if platform issues don't expain it,
then i don't know what it is.

i think i've figured out the gist of the thought
process behind the SQL query...

1. select everything from t_inspect_result as table a
2. select max timestamp value entries in
t_inspect_result as table b
3. choose only choose those rows where the max
timestamps of table a and b are equal.

is that about it?