Re: More thoughts about planner's cost estimates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kenneth Marshall
Subject Re: More thoughts about planner's cost estimates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh, Greg, and Tom,

I do not know how sensitive the plans will be to the correlation,
but one thought might be to map the histogram X histogram correlation
to a square grid of values. Then you can map them to an integer which
would give you 8 x 8 with binary values, a 5 x 5 with 4 values per
point, or a 4 x 4 with 8 values per point. If close is good enough,
that would be a compact way to store some histogram cross correlation
information.

Ken