Re: License and pgfoundry - Mailing list pgsql-students

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: License and pgfoundry
Date
List pgsql-students
On Thursday 01 June 2006 19:44, Tzahi Fadida wrote:
> The license should be BSD to enter the official PostgreSQL tree, right?
> GPL is not accepted even as a contrib module.

Correct.

> Btw, if there aren't any objections i am planning to
> open a pgfoundry project.
> If i understand correctly, it also provides cvs services like
> sourceforge.

Sounds like a good idea.... it should provide pretty much everything you need
for managing the project.  Personally I would recommend keeping development
questions/emails pointed toward hackers rather than start your own mailing
list, but otherwise the cvs/tasks/news/tracker features should all be good.
Oh also commit messages will be sent to pgsql-committers so you may pick up
some extra eyeballs that way.

--
Robert Treat