Re: Questions - Mailing list pgsql-students

From Diogo Biazus
Subject Re: Questions
Date
List pgsql-students
After All, should we post technical questions here or in the hackers?
I wanted some help :-)
Tom LLane said that there's already code in the backend for converting wal files into text. He also noted that would be a good idea to keep only one codebase for this.

So I was wondering, which functions are these? In which file can I find them?
I'm looking on backend/access/transam/xlog.c and backend/access/transam/xlogutils.c

But I'm feeling kind of lost... Somebody help me...

On 6/1/06, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Um, why not?   Weren't we just discussing on -Core how -Hackers has
> become hard to approach?

Not to my knowledge.

> I thought part of the idea behind this list
> was to coordinate student activities ... technical *and*
> non-technical.

I don't know what the idea was, but if it's what you think I don't think
I will stay here.

--
Peter Eisentraut

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster