Re: Allow commenting of variables in postgresql.conf to - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: Allow commenting of variables in postgresql.conf to
Date
Re: Allow commenting of variables in postgresql.conf to -
List pgsql-patches
Zdenek,

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 04:27:01PM +0200, Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> [...]

Three points after a quick test:

 - please compile with --enable-cassert, there are wrong assertions in your
   code (you might just have to move some lines, there is an Assert() and an
   assignment thereafter)

 - changing a PGC_POSTMASTER should show a message:
       => parameter \"%s\" cannot be changed after server start;
          configuration file change ignored
   This seems to not show up anymore with your patch.

 - with the same reasoning, I think it's a good idea to display a message
   about which option falls back to its default value.

Joachim