Re: Authentication troubleshooting using psql - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Authentication troubleshooting using psql
Date
List pgsql-admin
Tahir Tamba wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I install Postgres 8.1.3 on WinXP Pro OS using msi.exe. Using Postgres with PGAdmin III, everything works well. But
whenI'm trying to use the psql terminal interface to connect into my database  psql ask me to enter my password and
whentrying to enter my password, nothing happens from my keyboard.
> Exemple : postgres=# \connectdb postgres
> Password for postgres user: unable to type my password cursor doesn't work
> And when I press Enter tab I get the following error:
> "FATAL: password authentication failed for user  Postgres

We did fix some prompting problems on Win32 in 8.1.4 (it was released
today).  Please try that and let us know.  Thanks.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us