Re: Howto get tranaction rate in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Howto get tranaction rate in postgres
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 03:49:20PM +0200, Meyer Marco wrote:
> I mean the transactions over time interval. Say the current db
> transactions per minute.

See the "Monitoring Database Activity" chapter in the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/monitoring.html

One way would be to query pg_stat_database periodically and track
how fast xact_commit and xact_rollback are changing.  With monitoring
software like MRTG you could write a script to query pg_stat_database
and let the monitor track the rate of change and draw activity graphs.

Pgfouine generates usage reports but I haven't used it so I don't
know anything about it other than what its web site says.  See
"Sample reports" at the following link:

http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/

--
Michael Fuhr