Re: Paste rows patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Edward Di Geronimo Jr.
Subject Re: Paste rows patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Quoting Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>:

> Nice - that works. Unfortunately I found another problem - the serial
> column doesn't seem to work I suspect because you are looking for
> columns that are PGOID_TYPE_SERIAL or PGOID_TYPE_SERIAL8, however they
> actually get seen as int4's or int8's I believe. I'm testing with 8.1.3
> and a table that looks like:

That's odd. It works for me with Postgres 8.0.7. In the sqlTable
constructor, pgAdmin looks at the types and sets the type to one of
those serial types if it detects a nextval() attached to the column.
Looks like that detection doesn't work for 8.1.

Could you look at fixing that? Roughly around line 1150 in frmEditGrid.cpp.

Ed