Problem inserting with remote views in vfp - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Geoffrey Clements
Subject Problem inserting with remote views in vfp
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I'm in the process of converting a Visual FoxPro application from using local
tables to using a postgresql backend on a Debian box with psqlODBC on Windows
Xp.

I've set up the database server with the necessary tables containing test data
and using a remote view in VFP I can browse and update data.  However when I
insert a row into the view and try to commit the change to the server I get
an error message saying that the null value for the primary key conflicts
with the non-null constraint, however the data that I am inserting is
non-null for the primary key.

Any help would be appreciated as I've run out of ideas on how to fix this.

--
Geoff                                           Registered Linux user 196308