Re: pg_dump -Ft failed on Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pg_dump -Ft failed on Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Am Donnerstag, 20. April 2006 13:21 schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> It's not buggy. It's well documented behaviour,and per my linux manpage
> for the file it's also OK per spec:
>
>        The standard does not specify the directory that tmpfile()
>        will use. Glibc will try the path prefix P_tmpdir  defined
>        in <stdio.h>, and if that fails the directory /tmp.

The spec says
   The tmpfile() function shall create a temporary file and open a   corresponding stream. The file shall be
automaticallydeleted when all   references to the file are closed. The file is opened as in fopen() for   update (w+).

If the implementation is such that it tries to create the file in a directory
that the user does not have write permission to, it's a bug.

--
Peter Eisentraut