Re: postgresql connection problems - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: postgresql connection problems
Date
List pgsql-novice
> #IPV4 local connections:
> host     all          all          127.0.0.1/32          md5
> devfrances     all          all          192.168.1.23/32          password

This this my guess, the first valid value for type is [ host | local ] I am not sure what
devfrances is but my guess is that you should my it to either the database column or user column.

Also check that your config file located in /etc/conf.d/postgresql has the "-i" option enabled to
allow tcp/ip connections.

Below is the order of the conf file parameters.

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD