Re: Looking for some help with cascading updates... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Looking for some help with cascading updates...
Date
List pgsql-sql
Mark True <darfoo@gmail.com> schrieb:

> I guess I should have clarified.  I am having trouble figuring out how to
> construct the IF statement to see if that item exists in the foreign table
> something like:
>
> count=select count(*) from table;
>
> if count=0 {
> insert fkey into myOtherTable
> }

a real example:
(table harz_ufpos references harz_uf)

create or replace function gh_insert(text,int,int,text,int,float) returns int as $$
declare c       int;
begin       select into c count(*) from harz_uf where (uf,ab) = ($1,$2);       if c = 0 then               insert into
harz_uf(uf,ab,beschreibung,aktiv) values ($1,$2,$4,'t');       end if;

       insert into harz_ufpos (uf,pos,anzahl,rest,flaeche) values ($1,$3,$5,$5,$6);
       return 1;
end;
$$ language 'plpgsql';

HTH, Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)