Re: binary cursor returning truncated data - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: binary cursor returning truncated data
Date
List pgsql-php
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 04:21:49PM +0200, Eric Mauvire wrote:
> i am trying to retrieve binary content of a bytea field (or postgis
> geometry field) with a binary cursor with PHP :
>
> $sql="BEGIN;DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT shape FROM $layerName; fetch all in mycursor;"
> ....pg_query...
>
> But my shape field shows only two bytes of data.

The PHP source code (ext/pgsql/pgsql.c) doesn't have any calls to
PQfformat or PQbinaryTuples so PHP appears to expect text data.
Looks like you'll have to fetch data in text format and use
pg_unescape_bytea.

Maybe the PHP developers would consider adding support for binary
data (or maybe they already have and rejected the idea; I don't
know).  Try asking on a PHP mailing list.

--
Michael Fuhr