Calendar vs. Timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Wei Wei
Subject Calendar vs. Timestamp
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I move this issue from the general mailing list. Here is my problem:

In the Java application, I create a Calendar object and the getTime and getTimeZone return the following values:

* Sun Apr 09 12:40:52 PDT 2006
* Pacific Standard Time

The Calendar object is matched to the timestamp with time zone data type throught Hibernate. And the above data is
storedas the following:

2006-04-09 14:40:53.093-07

That is not correct. The command of "select now()" returns a correct value. The PG version is 8.0.x and the jdbc
versionis 8.0.309.jdbc3. Is it a bug in the driver?

Thanks.