Re: pgadmin3 and partitionned tables - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Marc Cousin
Subject Re: pgadmin3 and partitionned tables
Date
List pgadmin-support
all the databases of the cluster are regularly vacuumed (at least once a day),
all the stats are up to date.

what i'm talking about is a partitionned table (8.1, with constraint
exclusions), a 'main' table empty, and a dozen of inherited tables, which
contain the real data. The main table contains 0 record, only the inheriting
tables contain data. So the stats are right saying that the main table
contains 0 record. Then, seeing that, pgadmin decides to count the record (as
there aren't supposed to be a lot of them), but gets to read millions of
record (the content of all the partitions).