Re: OSCON - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: OSCON
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Oleg, Mike,

Per previous conversations on -hackers, there will be funding for speaker
travel.  Please send me (off-list) an estimate of the amount you will need to
make it to Toronto.

However, it *is* likely that a lot of the conference funds will not be
recieved until a month before the conference.  So the majority of speakers
will be reimbursed at the conference rather than sending payments in advance.
If you have been to international conferences before, you will know that this
is common practice.  Therefore if you need funding in advance of the
conference, rather than reimbursement, please make that very clear.

> >> I believe that I can persuade my Russian wife that a $500 contribution
> >> would be a good thing.  If you have a Russian wife, I think you
> >> understand that my presentation will need to be very effective, :-)

Michael, this is really appreciated.  It might be better to go through the
conference fund though.  Also, we likely have enough funds (at least by the
start of the conference) for most speakers.  Maybe you could donated it to
Oleg & Teodor for development on Tsearch?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions