Re: Further SPI - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Further SPI
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Marc, Josh,

> It would be to SPI. I actually don't even know if SPI is in the US
> (although I am assuming it is). I was just making a point that the
> records have to be correct otherwise there could be some admistrative
> problems.

That's correct.

The basic approach is that you're donating to the SPI, making a "designated
gift" to either PostgreSQL or the PostgreSQL Anniversary.  If the designation
is unclear (i.e. to "PG") then it would likely be necessary to contact the
giver by e-mail to confirm the destination.   As long as both the
organization and the donor are clear on the designation at the time of
giving, it's not a problem for the IRS.

Of course, when we get our Click&Pledge account working, we won't have to rely
on people typing it into a blank.  Which will be good.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions