Re: bug in windows xp - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: bug in windows xp
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Re: SIGFPE on integer divide.

This signal does appear on linux also. On my 7.4.7 installation it
doesn't because of some problem with the integer conversion code but on
8.2devel it gets a SIGFPE.

> SELECT (-2147483648) / (-1);
ERROR:  floating-point exception
DETAIL:  An invalid floating-point operation was signaled. This
probably means an out-of-range result or an invalid operation, such as
division by zero.

A simple C program shows the same. Why isn't it being caught on
windows?

Have a nice day,
--=20